A how to guide for implementing Below Article and Right Rail widgets
All widgets are built and maintained directly by the Revcontent team and supplied via a direct email to the address on file. If you are looking to have a widget built, please reach out to your Rep or Support@revcontent.com for assistance
If you need to find a widget code after it’s already been created, you are able to login to your Revcontent account and access the code. To find a particular widget code:
- Click on the site widgets tab
- Navigate to the widget you are looking for
- If you look to the far right, you will see the button “Get Code” under the Actions area, click this button
- You’ll be taken to a new page where your code will be displayed. Click the copy button to the left of the code box to copy your widget code.
Once you've found this location, simply paste your copied code onto the page. Your widget will now appear where you have placed it on your site.
Below Article Widgets
While we aim to make setting up your widgets as easy as possible, note that each site has its own set up. Because of this, there may be some variance to what you see.
- Open the page source on your site
- Locate the Opening Body Tag
- From there, scroll until you find the location where you’d like to place your widget.
Note, the code needs to be pasted in between your Opening and Closing Body TagsOnce you’ve found this location, simply paste your copy code onto the page. Your widget will appear where you have placed it on your site.
Right Rail Widgets
To place widgets in the Right Rail, you will need to have a sidebar setup on your site.
- Locate your sidebar in your source code
- Scroll until you find the location you’d like for your widget