Publishers now have the ability to forward CCPA data fetch requests and data deletion requests from users to Revcontent directly without having to ask the user to submit a separate form.
- <REQUEST_ID> (String, Max 64 chars): unique identifier for the request. To be used for polling the request status and result.
- <DELETE_DATA> (Integer, 1 or 0): to indicate whether the user data is to be deleted. When set to "1", revcontent will initiate data deletion.
- <USER_EMAIL> (String): the user's email address for auditing purposes. Ensure a valid email address is used.
- <PUBLISHER_ID> (Integer): Publisher's account/user ID.
- <CALLBACK(bool, string)> (Function): callback function to be called when the request completes. The callback supports 2 parameters - the first parameter would be boolean to reflect if the request was successfully registered and the second parameter would be a string message returned.
- The request made to Revcontent can fail when invalid parameters are passed.
- Publishers must ensure the callback is called with true.
Requests can take a couple of hours before the results are ready.
- Request results can be polled by utilizing the following API request: https://www.revcontent.com/docs/stats/#api-CCPA-PostUserData
- When a data deletion request is received, Revcontent is able to retain some data for auditing and legitimate use purposes. Any retained data is deleted within 90 days.