A guide on tracking pageviews per session
Pageviews per session (PV/S) is a useful metric that enables editorial advertisers to determine article and/or gallery page depth.
At the very bottom of your campaign's "Settings" section, you'll find the following implementation instructions:
- Simply copy these 2 lines of script and paste them into the pages you'd like to track:
- Once the tracking script above has been implemented and the campaign is actively serving, stats can be reviewed in the campaign's "Widget Targeting" tab under the "PV/S" column.
<title>Sample PV/S Implementation</title>
Sample implementation using Google Tag Manager
Testing your PV/S script
To test your PV/S script using your browser's Developer Tools, please follow these steps (Chrome will be used in the following example):
- Open a browser window
- Right click and select "Inspect"
- Navigate to the Network tab
- Type "rev.js" into the filter box
- Open the landing page you've implemented the PV/S script on
- You should now see a request from the PV/S script ("https://assets.revcontent.com/master/rev.js") returning a successful 200 status. This means the script is successfully communicating with our servers, and you're ready to start tracking PV/S stats within your campaign's Widget Targeting section.